Monday, December 28, 2009

Vladimir Vysotsky - Self Portrait



This record is very different than all of other stuff I have on this blog. Vladimir Vysotsky has been dubbed the Bard of the Russian people in the soviet era, although he was not super pro-soviet himself. Vysotsky often sings of decadence, loneliness, society, and other things from translations I have read of some songs lyrics, although I do not speak Russian myself and can not say first-hand. Vladimir's emotion and honesty bleed through the music of raw feeling. This acoustic album is a live recording, but is some of my favorite recordings. This album is very good. If any of my readers have anything more by this artist please leave me a comment or something like that.

http://rapidshare.com/files/61427419/VV-SPvr.rar

2 comments:

  1. he was also cult actor in Soviet era - both theater and cinema. his lyrics is very metaphorical and dozen of albums was forbidden in Union and really hard to find. he was opiate user and died aged 42

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I have a password to extract, please?
    Thanks,
    David
    [dwbruce@verizon.net]

    ReplyDelete